- Pass out empty waterbottles. Have students cut out the top of the water bottle off.
- Next, pass out plastic shopping bags. About 5 for each student. Have students stuff four bags into one. Then, shape the bag into a ball and tape it to the bottle. Make sure it is secure.
- Next, paper mache the entire bottle.
- Once dry, have students paint bottle. Discuss symmetry and different faces.
- Finally, pass out ribbon and fabric swatches. Apply as needed.
This lesson is best with a small class. Be prepared to hot glue anything that falls off. The students LOVVEEE the finished product and I have yet to seen this lesson done anywhere else. Enjoy!