Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cultivating a Community of Excellence






Today was my first day back at Chets Creek Elementary. This year's theme is "Cultivating a Community of Excellence". Once again the school looks beautiful. Everywhere you turn, you see a teacher's touch of decorations such as giant butterflies, caterpillars, six feet sunflowers, and cows. I feel that adding a theme to the school year to year not only excites the students, but also motivates the teacher to remain active and enthused year to year. Today, I loaded up my art cart with goodies and also did a bit of decorating. My cart this year fits the farm theme. It is ants at a picnic, but instead of stealing food they are stealing art materials.




Another thing that is different this year is that I will be displaying student artwork. Last year, I would let students take home their artwork as soon as it was complete. This year I will select a few of the best works of art to display on my apple tree in front of the art room. Students will still be able to receive their artwork, but it will be displayed first. Displaying student artwork rewards the students for their hard work and their creativity. It also motivates other students to strive for the best. Here is a look at my apple tree:





1 comment:

  1. I am loving your picnic cart! I also really enjoy seeing the artwork you are hanging on the tree this year! Save some for the Elementary Art Show.

    ReplyDelete